Due West Preschool
Contact: Karen Coffeen, Preschool Director 770-590-0982 or Email Karen
Community Preschool Registration for 2018-2019
It’s time to start thinking about preschool for the 2018-2019 school year! The Due West Preschool Ministry will hold its Community Preschool Registration Night for new families on Thursday, January 25th from 6:30-7:30 pm. Registration will be held in the Narthex of Building A. You are invited and encouraged to schedule a tour during a preschool morning before or after January 25. If you can’t come that night, you can register your child in the preschool office beginning January 26. We fill our classes on a first come, first served basis so we can’t guarantee that we’ll have an opening in the class you want.
The preschool has classes for children ages 4 months - Kindergarten. Children are placed in the classes based on their age on September 1, 2018. The classes are held from two to five days a week, depending on the age of the child. Infants - two-year-olds attend school from 9:00 am-12:00 pm with an optional extra hour. Three and four-year-olds attend 9:00 am-1:00 pm. Kindergarten children attend 9:00 am-1:15 pm. The preschool welcomes children of any race, national, or ethnic origin.
Please call Karen Coffeen at 770-590-0982 for more information and to schedule a tour.
Click the Facebook link below for information about our upcoming Holiday Market!
PRESCHOOL OPENINGS FOR 2017-2018
The preschool is accepting registrations in the office for our classes for next year. We have 1 opening in the each of the following classes: Fours, Young Fives & Kindergarten classes. You are welcome to add your child to the waiting list for the other classes. If you are interested in more information or to take a tour of our preschool, please Email Karen Coffeen or call 770-590-0982. Please pass the word to your friends and neighbors who are looking for a preschool! We are recognized as a “Program of Excellence” by the N. GA Conference Preschool Association since 2001.
Recognized by the North Georgia Conference as "A Program of Excellence for Young Children"
- The Preschool uses a Christian based curriculum which incorporates monthly themes to teach age- appropriate skills with lots of fun hands on activities, manipulatives, and games. We use the Zoo-phonics curriculum to teach phonics to the three to five year olds.
- The daily schedule includes art, music, circle time, learning center activities, snack and outdoor or indoor large muscle play time.
- Due West's Kindergarten is a Christian, half-day program. The small class size allows children to be taught on their individual levels. Whole group, small group and learning centers are used to teach math, writing, reading, science, social studies, English skills and Bible lessons. Zoo Phonics is used for phonics, and common core standards are used to guide age appropriate unit studies. Along with this, children go to music, chapel, science, Spanish and other special classes during the week.
Classes are offered for the following ages, days and times:
- Infants: Monday/Wednesday (4 months old by Sept. 1), 9:00 - 12:00
- Young Ones: Tuesday/Thursday (turning 1 between May - August), 9:00 - 12:00
- Ones: Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, 9:00 - 12:00
- Young Twos: Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, 9:00 - 12:00
- Older Twos: Tuesday/Thursday (turning 3 between Sept. 2 - Dec. 31), 9:00 - 12:00
- Threes: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, Tuesday/Thursday, or Monday-Thursday, 9:00 - 1:00
- Fours: Monday - Thursday or Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 1:00
- Young Fives: Monday - Friday (turning 5 by December 31), 9:00 - 1:00
- Kindergarten: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 1:00
Children must be the age of the class on or before September 1, unless noted
[Lunch Bunch 12:00 - 1:00 is available for the Infants through Older Twos classes]
Two year olds can add Fridays.
For more information, to check class availability, or to schedule a tour, contact Karen Coffeen or click here for Frequently Asked Questions. The Due West UMC Preschool admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.