Due West Preschool
Contact: Karen Coffeen, Preschool Director 770-590-0982 or Email Karen
Preschool Registration for 2019-2020
The preschool is accepting registrations in the office for our classes for next year. We have limited openings in the following classes:
Young Ones: Tues/Thurs
Threes: Tues /Thurs and Mon/Wed/Fri
Fours: Mon-Fri & Older Fours: Mon-Fri
You are welcome to add your child to the waiting list for the other classes. If you are interested in more info or to take a tour of our preschool, please Email Karen Coffeen or call 770-590-0982. Please pass the word to your friends and neighbors who are looking for a preschool! We have been recognized as a “Program of Excellence” by the N. GA Conference Preschool Association since 2001.
Preschool Registration for 2018-2019
The Weekday Preschool is accepting registrations in the office for our classes for the 2018-2019 school year. We have openings in the following classes: Fours (5 Day), Older Fours (5 Day) and Kindergarten. We would be happy to give you more information about our school and give you a tour to show you how we do preschool! Please Email Karen Coffeen or call 770-590-0982 to schedule a time to come in between 9:30 and 11:00. You can also add your child to our waiting list for the classes that are full. Please pass the word to your friends and neighbors who are looking for a preschool We are recognized as a “Program of Excellence” by the N. GA Conference Preschool Association since 2001
Recognized by the North Georgia Conference as "A Program of Excellence for Young Children"
- The Preschool uses a Christian based curriculum which incorporates monthly themes to teach age- appropriate skills with lots of fun hands on activities, manipulatives, and games. We use the Zoo-phonics curriculum to teach phonics to the three to five year olds.
- The daily schedule includes art, music, circle time, learning center activities, snack and outdoor or indoor large muscle play time.
- Due West's Kindergarten is a Christian, half-day program. The small class size allows children to be taught on their individual levels. Whole group, small group and learning centers are used to teach math, writing, reading, science, social studies, English skills and Bible lessons. Zoo Phonics is used for phonics, and common core standards are used to guide age appropriate unit studies. Along with this, children go to music, chapel, science, Spanish and other special classes during the week.
Classes are offered for the following ages, days and times:
- Infants: Monday/Wednesday (4 months old by Sept. 1), 9:00 - 12:00
- Young Ones: Tuesday/Thursday (turning 1 between May - August), 9:00 - 12:00
- Ones: Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, 9:00 - 12:00
- Young Twos: Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, 9:00 - 12:00
- Older Twos: Tuesday/Thursday (turning 3 between Sept. 2 - Dec. 31), 9:00 - 12:00
- Threes: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, Tuesday/Thursday, or Monday-Thursday, 9:00 - 1:00
- Fours: Monday - Thursday or Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 1:00
- Older Fours: Monday - Friday (turning 5 by December 31), 9:00 - 1:00
- Kindergarten: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 1:15
Children must be the age of the class on or before September 1, unless noted
[Lunch Bunch 12:00 - 1:00 is available for the Infants through Older Twos classes]
Two year olds can add Fridays.
For more information, to check class availability, or to schedule a tour, contact Karen Coffeen. The Due West UMC Preschool admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Click the Facebook link below for information about our upcoming Holiday Market!